There are two ways that you can setup the ILOM feature on your SUN X4100 or X4200 series.
1. Through the serial port
2. Through BIOS
Method 1: Through the serial port
1. Connect a laptop to the serial port and console into the machine. You can download the putty application for this.
2. The default username and password is root/changeme
3. Once logged in, change to the SP/network folder
e.g. cd /SP/network
4. Then type in the following command to setup the iLOM ip address
The following will set the server ILOM ip address to 192.168.2.2. You will need to put your ILOM and network information here.
Method 2: Through the BIOS
1. Another way to configure the ILOM ip address, is through the BIOS. When the server starts, press F2 to enter into the BIOS configuration setup page.
2. Once you are in the BIOS windows, navigate to the “Advance” tab and select the “IPMI 2.0″ option
3. Here in the IPMI section, enter in the ILOM ip information. Make sure to select “Static” if you are using static IP address.
4. Save your settings and restart server.
5. Test logging to the server’s ILOM ip address using a ssh program (e.g. Putty).