If you need to compare the content of two text files, below are the steps on how to do this.
1. You would need to download and install Notepad++. Notepad++ is a free source code editor.
2. Once installed, launch Notepad++
3. Click on the “Plugins” menu and look for the “Compare” option. If you do not see this “Compare” option then you would need to first download and install this plugins.
4. Under the “Plugins” menu again, choose the “Plugin Manager” option and then “Show Plugin Manager”
5. Search for and check the “Compare” plugin
6. Click on the “Install” button to install the compare plugin
7. Once installed, it should prompt you to restart Notepad++
8. Once Notepad++ is back up, open the two text files that you want to compare.
9. Go to the “Plugins” menu and this time you will see the “Compare” option
10. Select “Compare” and it will place the two text files side by side for you to compare them.
Notepad++ is a very useful tool to have.