How to show hidden files in Windows 7
1. Click the ‘START’ button located on the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Now, find the ‘Control Panel’ menu option and click on it
3. Look for the ‘Appearance and Personalization’ icon and double click it
4. There should be a setting to ‘Show hidden files and folders’
5. Uncheck the checkbox for the ‘Hide extensions for known file types’
and uncheck the checkbox for the ‘Hide protected operating system files’
6. Click on ‘Apply’ then ‘Ok’ to exit all windows.
Now you should be able to view hidden files in Windows 7.
This settings work with other version of Windows too. The settings location might be in different area, but similar steps.