For those that have issue downloading Applications from the Android Market Place and are getting stuck on the “Starting Download” prompt. There could be many reasons why this is happening.
Here is a check list you might want to check first before bring it to a phone representives.
– Do a soft reset of the phone
– Unchecked and Rechecked the Data Sync feature
– Do a hard reset of the phone
– If using WiFi network, check firewall settings and make sure that it isn’t blocking port 5228 (Which is required to download from the Android Market Place)
– Close out all open applications
– Clear the cache for the “Market” App (You will need to sign in again)