Below are instructions on how to export the SQL schema in SQL Server 2005.
There are two methods where you can do this.
1. Using the GUI
– Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
– Right click on the database that you want to export
– Look and choose the “Generate scripts…” option
– Follow the instructions to generate the sql script
2. By Script
– In order to do this, you have to install the “Database Publishing Wizard” software. Once installed, you can use the following command to export.
sqlpubwiz script ( -C connection_string | -d local_database_name ) (output_file) [switches] switches: Output options: [-f] : Overwrite existing files [-noschemaqualify] : Output script does not qualify object names with schema name. [-schemaonly] : Only script schema [-dataonly] : Only script data [-targetserver] : Specifies what version of SQL Server the script should target. Valid versions are "2000", "2005". Default Value: 2005 [-q] : Suppress output [-nodropexisting] : Default Value: False Local connection related: [-C connection_string] : Connection string [-d local_database_name] : Database name to script [-U local_user_name] : Username [-P local_password] : Password [-S local_server_name] : Server name