So, you want to be able to remotely connect into your ubuntu server? you can. One way to do this is to enable the SSH service on the server.
The most common ssh out there is OpenSSH. So the following instruction is for enabling the OpenSSH in Ubuntu.
1. Login to your server
2. Type the following command to get the software from the internet: sudo apt-get install openssh-server
3. Once it finished downloading and installed, type in the following command to check if it is running or not: ps -aef | grep sshd
4. On another computer, type in the ping command test out the connection.
5. If both machine can see each other, type in: ssh yourserverip
6. You should be able to see the following prompt: Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? Type in ‘yes’ and it will add your host into the ssh client list.