Antivirus 2009 Automatic Removal Instructions
– Download and save SmitFraudFix to your desktop.
– Restart your computer in Safe Mode (how to do safe mode). Once the desktop appears, double click on the SmitfraudFix.exe on your desktop.
– After the credits screen, you’ll see a menu. Select the option number 2, which is ‘Clean (safe mode recommended)’, and then
press Enter to delete infect files.
– SmitFraudFix will begin cleaning your computer and take a series of cleanup processes. When the process is over, it will automatically begin the Disk Cleanup program.
Once the Disk Cleanup program is complete, you will be prompted with the message ‘Registry cleaning – Do you want to clean the registry’. Answer Y (Yes) and hit Enter. Reboot your computer.
– SmitFraudFix will now check if wininet.dll is infected. SmitFraudFix will ask you whether to replace the infected file (if there’s any) ‘Replace infected
file?’ Answer by typing Y (Yes) and hit Enter.
– Reboot your computer to complete the cleaning process.
– After reboot, a Notepad screen may appear containing a log of all the files
removed from your computer. If it doesn’t appear, a file will be created called
rapport.txt in the root of your drive, (Local Disk C:).
– Restart your computer in Safe Mode.
– Go to C:\Windows\Temp, click Edit, click Select All, press DELETE, and then
click Yes to confirm that you want all the items to go to the Recycle Bin.
– Go to C:\Documents and Settings\[LISTED USER]\Local Settings\Temp, click Edit, click Select All, press DELETE, and then click Yes to confirm that
you want all the items to go to the Recycle Bin.
– Reboot your computer back to normal mode. Go to Windows Update and download all critical updates.